Develop a Firm Foundation of the Principles You Need to Build Strength and Fitness
This is the book I wish I had when I got started training. It would have eliminated so many false starts and unproductive sessions.
The sad thing is few trainees understand what it takes to get results. Even the simple concept of progression is foreign to most people. Because of this, you’ll see people in the gym lifting the same weight year after year. And that is just one component of what it takes to succeed.
I’ve been training successfully for many years now. I’ve reached a solid level of results in that time. I’ve also learned quite a bit. So I sat down to write a book that covered everything I knew of what it takes to become stronger and more fit. And it details all the different areas you must work on in order to achieve your goals.
You’ll find 11 Chapters of jam-packed training information.
- Introduction (My Story)
- Why Strength & Fitness?
- Goal Setting and Your Training Plan
- Progression is the Name of the Game
- Systems of Strength
- Mental Training
- All-Around Training
- Workout Templates
New and Expanded 2nd Edition
The newly expanded 2nd edition published in 2019 builds on the eight more years of training experience I have with myself and my clients. Some areas were slightly rewritten. Other chapters like progression, systems of strength and toughness were almost completely rewritten from a fresh start.
It’s bigger. It’s clearer. It’s better.
If you’re wondering how I’ve accomplished so many things in fitness, this book is the foundation of all I do.
A Taste of What You’ll Find Inside…
And over these chapters you’ll discover many useful things such as:
- The Ten Components of Fitness and how phrasing these all in terms of movement will make you better
- Have you ever suffered from Shiny Object Syndrome? Find the cure here.
- The most important tool for your training success…
- 8 Methods of Progression. Most people know the main ones but using the other can help you get unstuck.
- How to properly set goals to make sure you succeed
- The Double and Triple Systems of Progression explained
- How many sets and reps? The age old question finally answered (and the answer may surprise you)
- 3 Formulas for Strength (Mix and match at your own risk)
- Intensity is an often misused term. Discover the difference between intensity and severity
- How to make high volume training work for you
- Biofeedback training, using your body to guide you
- Strength versus Skill. Find out when and where this matters
- Use the principle of Continual Adaptation to your benefit
- The 7 Key components of recovery
- Two healthful supplements that about 90% of the population needs
- How to strike a balance between toughness training and sparing your body
- 3 Methods of building Mental Toughness
- The Varied Wave Progressive System
- What to do when you Hit a Plateau?
- Practicing vs. Training vs. Testing
- How Consistency and Persistence are needed and how to practice them
- Mental Training discussed in depth
- Achieving the peak FLOW state each time you train?
- How to almost ensure success of a lift each time you do it.
- When to Psych Up and when not to?
- Four different times to use visualization to engage greater effects on your body
- The value of Compound Movements
- The 4 Major Motions of the body described
- How to work strength and conditioning at the same time
- The 3 Often Neglected Areas of the body. Are you making this mistake?
- The Darkside of Mental Training
- And much more
The Principles Grounded into Actionable Exercises and Workouts
It’s not just theory. All of this gets grounded into the following.
- 7 Barbell Exercises
- 5 Kettlebell Exercises
- 10 Bodyweight Exercises
- 6 Grip Exercises
Each exercise features pictures, a list of steps for proper form and common mistakes or things to look out for.
Finally, there are 11 Workout Templates and Programs to choose from.
Here’s What Others Are Saying…
(from the 1st Edition)
“It’s a good beginner/intermediate level knowledge read. What I’ve brought away from this book was keeping an active log of my progress. The biofeedback training section you touch on is interesting. It’s a new concept to me. I would definitely recommend this book because it is filled with good information.”– Hector Morisi
“I love that book. You cleared up the question for me. I asked Pavel Tsatsouline personally the same question; his answer was complex and wasn’t suitable for the average trainee. I had trouble grasping it until you came around with “the master keys.” Thank you, kind sir. I ordered your Testosterone book last night.”– Pat Sonti, USA (Ret.)
“I love this book because it teaches that strength is not just found in muscle, but the mind also plays a role. The book shows you how to set goals that last, how to progress in your training, and how to recover from your workouts. Logan Christopher moves you out of your comfort zone and teaches you how to be consistent and persistent. He shows you how to visualize workouts making training easier. Master Keys to Strength and Fitness shows you the neglected areas in training, so you can keep your body balanced. There is also a chapter at the end of the book that shows you how to do many different exercises, so you never get bored. The results I’ve seen from using this book are amazing. I’ve lost 12 pounds, and gained almost half of it back in muscle just from last month. My clothes are even more comfortable. Because of this book, I’ve been able to reach 90% of the goals I’ve made to lose fat, build muscle, and get stronger since I got this book last month.”– Will
You can order the physical copy of the book, or the ebook, on Amazon.