This page is an index for doing a wide variety of Feats of Strength, that is using human strength to overcome gravity and objects in ways that most cannot, even up to seemingly super human levels.
Ever since I got into doing feats of strength I wanted to create a resource for people to look at and to gain ideas from that covers all of them. That’s why I created this page. Ever since I read The Mighty Atom’s biography I’ve been hooked and show no signs of stopping.
BEWARE: Once you get started in feats of strength, there’s really no turning back.
Each feat of strength listed here links to another page that describes it in more detail, how to do it, and includes one or more videos that may show more on how to do it, or demonstrate the strength and skill at a high level.
- Anvil Lifting – Various feats done with lifting an anvil.
- Bending Metal – Classic test of man against steel in many forms.
- Short Bending – Bending nails or short steel under 8″.
- Braced Bending – Bending medium length steel, while bracing it against the legs.
- Long Bending – Bending some bigger pieces of steel.
- Scrolling – Rolling up and making art out of very large pieces of steel.
- Horseshoes – Yes, horseshoes can be bent!
- Rolling Frying Pans – Turn a frying pan into a useless metal burrito.
- Can Bursting – Blow up a can of soda or beer in your two hands.
- Card Tearing – Tear a deck of cards in two or even more pieces.
- Chain Breaking – How to break heavy chains in many ways.
- Finger Lifting – Lifting large weights with a single finger.
- Finger Supports – Supporting large weights with just the fingers.
- Grippers/Crushing – Touch the handles on a tough gripper.
- Hair Feats – Strong hair like Sampson.
- Hand Balancing – Bodyweight feats done on the hands.
- Human Link – How to become a rope or chain with your body.
- Juggling Weights – Lifting weights isn’t hard enough. Throw them around, literally.
- Muscle Control – Make those muscles dance one at a time.
- Muscling Out Weights – Holding a weight in horrible leverage.
- Nail Driving with the Hands – Who needs a hammer when you’ve got strength?
- Neck Strength – Don’t be a pencil neck weakling.
- Odd-Object Lifting – When regular weights are too easy…
- Partial Lifts – Lifting massive poundages in short ranges.
- Phonebook Tearing – Ripping a phonebook in two or more pieces.
- Pinch Grip – Build that thumb strength.
- Pullups/Chinning – A classic bodyweight exercise done in insane ways.
- Rope Climbing – Climbing a rope faster or harder than before.
- Sledgehammers – Many feats with these leverage tools.
- Teeth and Jaw Feats – For those with Iron Jaws and good dental insurance.
- Thick Bars – Building strong hands with thicker bars.
- Two Hands Anyhow – Get those two weights up any how you can.
- Weightlifting – A catch all category for anything else not covered.
- Weight Supports – Supporting huge weights often in weird ways.
Want to become a Strongman and do feats like these? Check out the 4 DVD set I did with Bud Jeffries titled Feats of Strength: How to Train and Perform Like an Oldtime Strongman. This video, containing clips from this course, shows you many of the strength feats found above.
You may also be interested in:
- List of Oldtime Strongmen
- Oldtime Strongman Training
- 8 Reasons to do Feats of Strength
- Getting Started in Modern and Oldtime Strongman
If you have ideas for feats of strength that aren’t listed in this index but should be please drop me an email at [email protected]