In this podcast interview my brother Zane Christopher on the topic of Barefoot Running. Zane has run been barefoot running for a number of years and has even done completely barefoot marathons (completed in 4 hours 14 minutes at Big Sur, and 3 hours 47 minutes in his latest one).[display_podcast]
- Why do barefoot running?
- The differences between high priced running shoes, minimalist shoes and 100% bare feet.
- How heel striking may be causing you injuries and how to do the fore or mid foot strike instead
- Important often-overlooked technique details
- The different body mechanics in walking, jogging, and sprinting
- Pose Running vs. Chi Running. vs Barefoot Running
- What to do to ease into barefoot running to minimize pain and injuries
- And much more